Custom Cut Polished & Wire Wrapped Malachite Heart Necklace/Pendant/Slide/Enhancer
Sterling Silver.935 size: 1 13/16 x 15/16 inch or 46mm x 24mm
HISTORY AND LORE
Name comes from the Greek word malache, meaning “mallow” (a green herb).
- Gem for the Zodiac sign of Taurus.
- Mining malachite began as early as 4000 BC by ancient Egyptians.
- It was ground into powder and worn as eye makeup as far back as 3000 BC.
- Malachite personifies the deep healing green of nature and represents the innate beauty of flowers, trees, roots and plants.
- Malachite has been dubbed “The Magic Stone” for it is said to bring good luck, safe travel, and protection.
- Believed to bring good health, success, and constancy of affection.
- Believed to heal on physical and emotional levels, drawing out impurities and stimulating the Life Force throughout the aura and body.
- Malachite is said to stimulate dreams and bring memories vividly to life.
- In the Middle ages, malachite was worn to protect from black magic and sorcery.
- In Ancient Greece amulets for children were made of malachite.